Happy National Lobster Day
Friday, June 15th, 2012
- There are two main types of lobster: clawed and spiny.
- They only turn red when cooked.
- Lobsters have blue blood due to the copper found in the haemocyanin molecule in their blood.
- Back in the day, lobsters were the food for the poor. They were also fed to prisoners and servants.
- A lobster’s brain is in its throat.
- A lobster hears with its legs.
- A lobster tastes with its feet.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the largest lobster ever recorded was caught off Nova Scotia in 1977 and weighed 44 pounds.
- A female is a “hen,” a male is “cock,” a “pistol” has no claws, and a “cull” has just one.
- They’re delicious!!
Are you enjoying a lobster diner tonight? Come take advantage of our limited time Lobster Season Package. Until June 20, 2012 enjoy a one-night stay overlooing the Liscomb River with a complete Nova Scotia lobster dinner in the Riverside Dinning Room at the special rate starting at $79 per person. To book this Nova Scotia vacation package visit our website.